Will is a specialist corporate and special events fundraiser, with skills including: partnership management, new business development, employee engagement, events management & production, stakeholder management, strategy & business development, budgeting and professional coaching.
Will held senior corporate fundraising positions at Anthony Nolan, Make-A-Wish UK, and Bond, where he developed strategies; grew multi-million-pound income from corporate partners and events; and developed value propositions and pipelines of opportunities. At Bond, and Nesta, Will developed: business development plans; commercial partnerships; and international partnerships.
Will has worked with healthcare, wish-granting, international development and innovation charities, and secured partnerships from a variety of sectors, developing and winning: sponsorship, cause-related-marketing, charity of the year, grant proposals and strategic partnerships. He is also experienced in public speaking, from charity auctions and fundraising events.
Before working in the charitable sector, Will worked for a creative start-up, Brighton Fashion Week, as Events Producer and Partnerships Manager, developing and delivering the ready-to-wear show’s exhibition, fashion show and fashion week partnerships; and also, at London Fashion Week, coordinating a show and an exhibitions space.
Will’s key achievements include:
- delivering a £2.3 million strategic partnership with Royal Mail, Prostate Cancer UK and Movember, in 2013-14
- winning and setting up a multi-year, £1 million partnership with Poundland, from pitch to CSR board, at Make-A-Wish UK, in 2017
- delivering and supporting 6 high-value special events at Anthony Nolan and Make-A-Wish UK, in 2014-16
- closing a fundraising deficit of £600k at Make-A-Wish UK, during a maternity cover contract, in 2016-17
- winning Best Corporate National Partnerships Champion, at the Charity Times Awards, in 2014
- growing income by 33% at Anthony Nolan, as Head of Corporate and Special Events
- securing and delivering a TV fundraising appeal with ITV, for Make-A-Wish UK, raising £150k, in 2016.
Will lives in London and enjoys fitness, travel and art. He has recently volunteered at Stonewall’s Sports Summit, Crisis at Christmas, and Freightliners City Farm.