Will is a specialist corporate and special events fundraiser, with skills including partnership management, new business development, employee engagement, events management & production, stakeholder management, strategy & business development, budgeting and professional coaching.
Will led the corporate fundraising / special events / business development teams at Anthony Nolan, Make-A-Wish UK, and Bond, where he developed strategies; grew multi-million-pound income from corporate partners and events; and developed new propositions and pipelines. At Bond, and Nesta, Will developed business development plans; commercial partnerships; and international partnerships.
Will has worked with a wide range of 20+ charities, social enterprises and NGOs, and secured partnerships from a variety of sectors. He has developed and secured sponsorship, cause-related-marketing partnerships, charity of the year partnerships, grant proposals and strategic partnerships. He is also experienced in public speaking, from charity auctions and fundraising events.
With Bonnie Clayton Consulting, Will has worked with The Proud Trust, The Kite Trust, Bankside Open Spaces Trust, Stay Up Late and Vision Foundation/Fight for Sight.
Will’s key achievements include:
- co-managing the Business Pavilion at COP26 and COP27 climate conferences in 2021 & 2022 – 100 events over 10 days – with We Mean Business Coalition, their partners and sponsors
- delivering a £2.3 million strategic partnership with Royal Mail, Prostate Cancer UK and Movember, in 2013-14
- winning and setting up a multi-year, £1 million partnership with Poundland, at Make-A-Wish UK, in 2017
- delivering and supporting 6 high-value special events at Anthony Nolan and Make-A-Wish UK, in 2014-16
- closing a fundraising deficit of £600k at Make-A-Wish UK, during a maternity cover contract, in 2016-17
- winning Best Corporate National Partnerships Champion, at the Charity Times Awards, in 2014.