Katy is an experienced trust and statutory fundraiser with broad experience in developing bids/applications with values from tens of thousands to tens of millions. Katy has over 15 years experience and, prior to consulting, held a number of senior management roles in both statutory and not for profit organisations, gaining experience across operational, strategic and fundraising roles.
Katy’s areas of expertise include:
- Prospect research
- Case for support development
- Research skills (with a particular specialism in health and wellbeing)
- Bid and application writing (in both a trust and statutory fundraising context)
- Working collaboratively to identify and reflect the particular strengths/unique aspects of the organisation
- Broad experience across Health and Wellbeing with particular specialisms in: Mental Health, Sport, Physical Activity and Employee Wellbeing
Katy’s key achievements include:
- Scoring 94% for a statutory tender submission for a children and young people’s mental health service
- Working in a leading role as part of a team developing a successful submission for a primary care mental health service with a contract value in excess of £50 million
- Supporting a small rural charity to gain funding from a variety of sources (including the Co-op and local corporate sponsors) to provide access to recreation facilities for local people
- Supporting a range of successful submissions to the Wolfson Foundation, Garfield Weston, Sport England and the National Lottery Community Fund
- Providing mentoring to new trust/statutory fundraisers to develop their skills and enable them to make a valuable contribution to their organisation
Katy has recently achieved an MBA with distinction from Leeds University and has a BA Honours.
Katy lives in North Yorkshire and outside of work enjoys running, reading and spending time with her two very energetic small children.