Alison is an experienced high value major donor, corporate, and special events consultant, with 9 years’ senior level experience working in the charity sector. She is a highly motivated and passionate business relationships and events manager, with a broad level of experience developed both within a global financial institution and national charities. Alison has a proven track record of delivering high quality fundraising and cultivation events, securing high value donations and providing exemplary levels of service to Major Donors, VIP’s, corporate partners and celebrities. She is a strong and effective communicator, with particular expertise in the start to end organisation and management of high level projects.
Alison made a career shift to the not for profit sector in 2009, after a successful career within Corporate Banking, spanning 24 years. She launched her fundraising career at The Princess Royal Trust for Carers as Senior Fundraising Manager, Major Donors and Special Events, implementing and delivering a strategy for growth of income in excess of £800k, developing compelling cases for support and designing and managing high value fundraising events.
From the PRTC she joined Special Olympics GB, to deliver their Celebrity Gala Dinner and develop three-year fundraising strategies for both Major Donors and Events. She was also a member of the corporate fundraising team and Special Olympics National Games Committee and worked alongside Bonnie on the identification and cultivation of Games Sponsors.
Alison has successfully delivered the UK Youth annual Gala Dinner in 2017 & 2018 raising over £220,000 for the organisation and has also identified and cultivated high value donors and corporates to become long term supporters of their work.
Alison’s key achievements include:
- Raising in excess of £4 million across Major Donor, Corporate and Special Events fundraising
- Increased PRTC Major Donor and Events income year on year by 20%
- Successful delivery of high profile fundraising events at: Buckingham Palace, St James’s Palace, Claridges, The Ritz, The Langham and Royal Windsor Racecourse
- Designed and delivered, within 5 weeks, the Downton Abbey Gala Dinner in aid of Special Olympics GB at The Landmark London Hotel for 300 guests raising £170,000
- Delivered intimate high value fundraising dinners at private residences of Dr. Edward Wojakovski, Hilary Devey, Sirdar Ali Aziz and Lord and Lady Aspley
- Successful cultivation of long term donors/corporate partners
Alison lives in Kent and her passion is travelling the world. She has just returned from a career break during which she travelled around the Far East and also visited many countries in Europe.